The internet is here to stay. Even if you have a simple website that works like a business card you cannot avoid the importance of online marketing and search engine optimization (SEO). The internet is often the first thing people turn to find resources for their needs. You want to take steps to have a legitimate online presence, and the sooner the better! Technology is only becoming more ingrained in our lives and it is a great practice to get your name out there in the cyber world.
Steps to having an online presence:
1. Set up a Google My Business account.
1 – Go to https://www.google.com/business/ and click “Get on Google”
2 – Sign into the Google account you want to be associated with it. If you don’t have one, create one.
3 – Search for your business by name and address.
4 – If you can’t find your business you will be able to create it. Once that is done select your business
5 – Check “I am authorized to manage this business” and then continue
6 – Have Google mail you your code and you can input it once it arrives.
Keep your Google My Business account up to date, make sure that the hours and days you are open (if applicable) are correct, and that you have it listed in the right services category.
2. Keep track of your Google Analytics! This is easy to set up gives you vital information on your website. Here are some stats we recommend checking regularly.
3. PPC – Pay Per Click can help get your name out there and into the eye of your target market. This is something you’ll want to budget out and keep close track of the results so you know if this is beneficial to your company in the long run. Putting some money towards this process can help get you more stats on your business.
4. Keep your content fresh! Google loves new content these days. It is a great idea to have a daily blog. Not only does Google love it but your customers like to see that your website is currently updated and sharing knowledge with them. Make sure you are writing informational pieces, and having some personality in there won’t do anything but help your customers get to know you.
5. You can also become a partner with Google. Check out how to do this here.
These are just a few ideas for helping your online presence. But the key is keeping your information up to date and current! Best of luck on the cyber terrain! Let us know your thoughts!